Making an Impression: Designing & Creating Artful Stamps by Geninne Zlatkis is for someone who wants to learn how to hand carve their own stamps.
The book includes:
- List of tools and materials basics
- Instructions on how to make stamps with erasers
- 20 stamp projects
- 50 of her signature motifs you can use to make stamps
Making a Hand Carved Stamp
I tried Geninne’s “Photo Frame” pattern (above photo):
- I traced the pattern onto tracing paper,
- Used a bone folder to rub the pattern onto the cutting block, then
- Tried my best to cut it out. Clearly, I need some practice on the small details.
My recommendation for your first hand carved stamp is to pick a simple pattern (not like the one I picked). Straight lines are much easier to cut than circles.
If you like this book, try:
I give Making an Impression a 5/5 rating because it is a beautiful, inspiring book.
Read all my creative book reviews.
P.S. For creative project ideas and free monthly printables, sign up for the email newsletter.
I own this book and of course, the opinions are my own. Affiliate links used wherever possible, which means that at no additional cost to you I make a small commission if you make a purchase.