60 lunch box notes that are great for back to school for preschool kids and early elementary students. This is a black and white printable designed for pre-readers and early readers. You could print out multiple copies if you have more than one child.
Last year I sent a lunch note to kindergarten every day. This year, we have one child in grade one and another in preschool, so I decided to make cards I could print and use for both kids.
How to cut out the lunch box notes
- Use scissors to cut along the printed lines to cut out squares (see image above)
- Use a circle punch to cut out circles (I use a Fiskars 2″ punch, see image below)
The following image shows what the pages look like printed out, with lines marked for cutting them out:
Printable download includes
- A five page PDF file (8.5×11)
- 12 lunch box notes per page
I recommend printing on heavy-weight cardstock, but regular printer paper will work fine, too.
One page of the lunch box notes (12) are fill-in-the-blank style (see image above), where you have room to write messages to your early readers. If you would like more of this type of note, simple print more of this page. (Plus one each of “I’m proud of you”, one “love you to the moon and back” and one “have a great day”.)
Here are some writing suggestions for the fill-in-the-blank cards:
- You are… kind, fun, smart, unique, brave, creative, an artist, a reader…
- Choose… joy, to be gentle, to be thankful, to be brave, to smile, to include people…
- I’m thankful for… you, your attitude, your help, your kindness, your jokes…
If you’re child is not yet reading, you could save these notes to print when they are able to read. Or you could ask your child’s teacher to read them to the child.
You can color or decorate the notes or leave them as is. I had fun with the glitter glue in the previous image.
One of the pages is full of goodbye rhymes, like “See you later, alligator!” (see below)
This instant digital download is available now to all my email newsletter subscribers. But it will only be available for free until the next printable is offered, so don’t miss out, sign up today!
Or, if you would prefer to buy the Lunch Box Notes, visit my Etsy shop.